Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Solo in Japan! ~Hiroshima~ Part 1


Yes, solo. Sounds brave, sounds pathetic? 
I'd say I was more anxious than anyone, more worried than my parents were!
I wouldn't deny it would be a good experience going with friends, but knowing myself, this was actually not a bad idea at all; I actually enjoyed being on my own free photography pace :)

Hiroshima was a last minute decision, yet my first destination in Japan, in addition to the original Kyoto-Osaka itinerary. The fact that it is located in the West of Japan, transportation from Kansai Airport to the city was expensive, but that equipped me the opportunity with riding the Shinkansen! I do miss that experience. 

Hiroshima, known for being destroyed by atomic bombing during the World War II, is a reviving, semi-modern little city. I am impressed by the remaining heritage and greenery around the area. 

A piece of calmness greeting my arrival

Originality of a Japanese town

A humble friendly-looking shop for drinks

Hiroshima Atomic Bomb Dome a.k.a. Hiroshima Peace Memorial

A night tour for this memorial was impressive...

Although it looked pretty creepy...

2nd day - great weather and colors... perhaps the best weather throughout my whole trip~
Local highlights - Hiroshima Castle. Even the entrance looks magnificent :)

A slanting tree... how did it manage to stand so well?!
(yup there was a support on the other end!)

Finally... the castle itself!! A very tall one, many stairs to take!
But a breathtaking view worth the workout!

Castle garden

Another good weather one

 Next: Miyajima tour! Stay tuned~




No comments:

Post a Comment